Learn more about harmful chemicals. Protect yourself and your community from these harmful substances.
American Academy of Clinical Toxicology: AACT. ‘The American Academy of Clinical Toxicology (AACT) was established in 1968 as a not-for-profit multi-disciplinary organization uniting scientists and clinicians in the advancement of research, education, prevention and treatment of diseases caused by chemicals, drugs and toxins.’[Source]
Chemm: Chemical Hazards Emergency Medical Mangament. ‘Enable first responders, first receivers, other healthcare providers, and planners to plan for, respond to, recover from, and mitigate the effects of mass-casualty incidents involving chemicals.’[Source]
ChemView: To improve chemical safety and provide more streamlined access to information on chemicals, EPA has built and is populating a new database. This new database, named ChemView, greatly improves access to health and safety data on chemicals regulated under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA).’[Source]
Toxnet: Toxicology data network. This network includes the list below.
- ALTBIB: Resources on Alternatives to the Use of Live Vertebrates in Biomedical Research and Testing.
- CCRIS. Chemical Carciongenesis Research Information System. Cariongenictiy and mutagenciity test results for over 8,000 chemcicals(1985-2011)
- ChemIDplus: Dictionary of over 400,000 chemicals(names, synonymous, and structures.)
- CPDB. Carcinogenic Potency Database. Standarized analyses of the results of 6,540 chronic, long-term animal cancer tests.(1980-2011)
- CTD: Comparative Toxicogenomics Database. Access to scientific data describing relationships between chemicals, genes, and human diseases.
- DART: Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology Database. References to developmental and reproductive toxicology literature.
- Gene-Tox: Genetic Toxicology Data Bank. Peer-reviewed genetic Toxicology text data over 3,000 chemicals. (1991-1998).
- Haz-Map: Link jobs and hazardous tasks with occupational diseases and their symptoms.
- HSDB: Hazardous Substances Data Bank. Peer-reviewed toxicology data for over 5,000 hazardous chemicals.
- Household Products Database: Potential health effects of chemicals in more then 10,000 common household products.
- IRIS: Integrated Risk Information System. Hazard identification and does-response assessment for over 500 chemicals.
- ITER. International Toxicity Estimates for Risk. Risk information for over 600 chemicals from authoritative groups worldwide. Brought to you be Toxicology Excellence For Risk Assessment(TERA) – Non-Profit Organization that researches how chemicals affect out health.
- LactMED: Drugs and Lactation Database. Drugs and other chemicals to which breastfeeding mothers may be exposed.
- Toxline: 4 million references to literature on biochemical, pharmacological, physiological, and toxicological effects of drugs and other chemicals.
- ToxMap: Map search of on-site toxic chemical releases and hazardous waste sites.
- TRI: Toxics Release Inventory. Annual environmental releases of over 600 toxic chemicals by U.S. facilities.
Tox Town: Environmental health concerns and toxic chemicals where your live, work, and play.