Terms of Service
Viaology: a.k.a. ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘company’, ‘the website’, or ‘www.viaology.com’.
Unless otherwise noted, the following terms and conditions apply to your use of Viaology, including any content, functionality and services offered on or via the website. By using the website you accept and agree to be bound and abide by these Terms of Service.
We reserve the right to update these terms and conditions at our discretion. Your continued use of the Website following the publishing of updated Terms of Service means that you accept and agree to the changes.
We offer no guarantee that the Website will be up and running 24/7. We reserve the right to suspend or restrict access to some features to users. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period, nor for any data loss. We cannot guarantee that all use will be secure. We also do not guarantee that the Website or any content provided on the Website is error free.
Intellectual Property Rights and Use Guidelines
The Website and its original content are owned by Viaology. This original work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. If you have doubts about whether and how to use material on the Website, please address your concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For purposes of these Terms of Service, the term “Content” or “Works” includes information, data, text, photographs, videos, audio clips, written posts, scripts, graphics, and interactive features generated, provided, or otherwise made accessible on or through the Website.
You acknowledge that all Content accessed by you using the Website is at your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage or loss to you or any other party resulting therefrom. We do not guarantee that any Content you access on or through the Website is or will continue to be accurate.
We do not guarantee that any Content will be made available on the Website. We reserve the right to, but do not have any obligation to, (i) remove, edit or modify any Content in our sole discretion, at any time, without notice to you and for any reason (including, but not limited to, upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to such Content or if we are concerned that you may have violated these Terms of Service), or for no reason at all and (ii) to remove or block any Content from the Website.
You are permitted to use the Website, provided that your activities are lawful and in accordance with these Terms of Service. Prohibited uses include violation of laws and regulations and hacking the Website in any manner. Prohibited Conduct – you agree not to engage in any of the following activities:
- Violating laws and rights: You may not (a) use any Service for any illegal purpose or in violation of any local, state, national, or international laws, (b) violate or encourage others to violate any right of or obligation to a third party, including by infringing, misappropriating, or violating intellectual property, confidentiality, or privacy rights.
- Solicitation: You may not use the Services or any information provided through the Services for the transmission of advertising or promotional materials, including junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of unsolicited or unwelcome solicitation.
- Disruption: You may not use the Services in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Services, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Services; including by (a) uploading or otherwise disseminating any virus, adware, spyware, worm or other malicious code, or (b) interfering with or disrupting any network, equipment, or server connected to or used to provide any of the Services, or violating any regulation, policy, or procedure of any network, equipment, or server.
- Harming others:
- You may not post or transmit Content on or through the Services that is harmful, offensive, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, defamatory, hateful or otherwise discriminatory, false or misleading, or incites an illegal act;
- You may not intimidate or harass another through the Services; and, You may not post or transmit any personally identifiable information about persons under 13 years of age on or through the Services.
- Impersonation or unauthorized access:
- You may not impersonate another person or entity, or misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity when using the Services;
- You may not use or attempt to use another’s account or personal information; and,
- You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Services, or the computer systems or networks connected to the Services, through hacking password mining or any other means.
No right, title or interest in or to the Website or any content on the site is transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted are reserved. Any use of the Website not expressly permitted by these Terms of Service is a breach of these Terms of Service and can lead to account/usage termination.
We encourage feedback that you may choose in your sole discretion to provide us from time to time. When you provide Feedback, you grant us, under all right, title and interest in and to the Feedback, a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, transferable, sub-licensable, irrevocable, perpetual license to use that Feedback or to incorporate it into the Website or other products or services.
The Website may contain Content by others and such Content is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and laws. You shall abide by and maintain all copyright notices, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Website.
Law and Copyright Infringement
We do not undertake to review all material before it is posted on the Website, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party.
If you believe that any User Content violate your copyright, please follow the procedure set forth by article 512(c) of the DMCA and provide us a written takedown notice including the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient for us to contact you, such as email, address, telephone number.
- A statement that you a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
The notice should be addressed to email@example.com. If physical address is needed, contact email for information.
Disclaimer of Warranties, Limitations of Liability and Indemnification.
Your use of Viaology is at your sole risk. The service is provided “as is” and “as available”. We disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchant-ability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We are not liable for damages, direct or consequential, resulting from your use of the Website, and you agree to defend, indemnify and hold us harmless from any claims, losses, liability costs and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from your violation of any third-party’s rights. You acknowledge that you have only a limited, non-exclusive, nontransferable license to use the Website. Because the Website is not error or bug free, you agree that you will use it carefully and avoid using it ways which might result in any loss of your or any third party’s property or information.
No Legal Advice
Viaology is not a law firm, does not provide legal advice, and is not a substitute for a law form.
We make no claims that the Website or any of its content is accessible, appropriate or legal outside of the United States. If you access the Website from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Waiver and Sever-ability
Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and Viaology and govern your use of the service. If any provision of these Terms of Service is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Terms of Service will continue in full force and effect.
We collect anonymous data from every visitor of the Website to monitor traffic and fix bugs. For example, we collect information like web requests, the data sent in response to such requests, the Internet Protocol address, the browser type, the browser language, and a timestamp for the request.
We also use social buttons provided by services like Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Facebook, and etc. Your use of these third party services is entirely optional. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices of these third party services, and you are responsible for reading and understanding those third party services’ privacy policies.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection
The Services are not directed at children under the age of 13. Consistent with the federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without requiring parental consent. Any person who provides their personal information to Viaology through the Services represents that they are 13 years of age or older.
Minors and children should not use Viaology. By using the Website, you represent that you have the legal capacity to enter into a binding agreement.
Should you have any question or concern, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org